Community & Stakeholder Engagement
In delivering stakeholder engagement centred work for a broad range of clients and organisations, Alan Jones Associates are well versed in undertaking a raft of consultation methods to ensure the widest, most effective results in line with the National Standards for Community Engagement. Confirmation of a client’s preferred methods will discussed, with our team then forming a detailed and robust Engagement Plan.
We recognise that Consultation and Engagement if vital to the success of a project, and approaches to key capital and revenue funders. For this reason, we will ensure it is the foundation of any Feasibility Study, Business Case or Options Appraisal. In delivering a detailed Engagement Plan, we will undertake Stakeholder Mapping to identify the appropriate audiences and channels for each of the consultation methods proposed. In addition, we are experienced in undertaking a full project Equalities Impact Assessment (EqIA) which will identify and support the engagement with harder to reach groups in the community.
In determining an Engagement Plan bespoke to each project, we would consider the most appropriate mixed methodology from a raft of tried and tested approaches. These include:
- Online Surveys including dynamic questioning and skip logic, paid and organic social media promotion, and supporting pint promotion such as flyers, mail drops and posters.
- Hard Copy Surveys provided at key local destinations, or for smaller projects and communities, delivered to every household and business
- Public Meetings, Drop in Sessions or Design Charettes, scheduled and promoted to generate positive and creative discussion, engagement, and collaboration.
- Online Discussion Events / Event Brite Forums to bring together consultees from a wider geographic reach in a convenient format
- Stakeholder Meetings including engagement with key local authority partners, companies, organisations or potential project partners.
- School Engagement including bespoke “plain English’ surveys, Post Card From the Future exercises, Pupil Discussion Groups and Activity sessions
- Future Walks – Real time on site walk and talk events bringing together the public, the consultants and key stakeholders to physical identify issues, concerns and opportunities in a local area.
- On Foot Engagement – Including interceptor surveys and on street based stalls / engagement opportunities
- Passive Audits – Including street surveys, traffic counts, behaviour audits etc.